[graylog2] Archive data in free version of graylog?
Dan Hoffmann
2017-02-15 22:58:11 UTC
I'm looking to keep on file 3 years of data.
Is there a way to archive?

I am just learning with graylog so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
Richard S. Westmoreland
Dan Hoffmann
2017-02-16 12:53:08 UTC
I saw that, but I'm not wanting to spend $6000 a year for that feature.
Was hoping there were more options.

Jochen Schalanda
2017-02-16 13:26:24 UTC
Hi Dan,
Post by Dan Hoffmann
I saw that, but I'm not wanting to spend $6000 a year for that feature.
Was hoping there were more options.
You can still use the Elasticsearch snapshot functionality with all its
drawbacks (like potentially being unable to restore old indices in new
versions of Elasticsearch).

Cheers,
Jochen
Dan Hoffmann
2017-02-16 13:43:19 UTC
Might there be an easy to read how to on this somewhere that you know
about? A quick GIS turns up some info, but it's not easy to follow in my
current level of product knowledge.
Post by Jochen Schalanda
Hi Dan,
Jochen Schalanda
2017-02-16 14:20:15 UTC
Hi Dan,
Post by Dan Hoffmann
Might there be an easy to read how to on this somewhere that you know
about? A quick GIS turns up some info, but it's not easy to follow in my
current level of product knowledge.
See
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/backing-up-your-cluster.html
.

Cheers,
Jochen
Jan Doberstein
2017-02-16 07:18:09 UTC
Hej Dan,

you write that you like to have it in a file for 3 years.

Graylog use Elasticsearch to store the events as Richard already said, you
can look into the Enterprise Archiving which will give you after a
configured time the Data in a plain text file.

with kind regards
Jan